Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

one hundred word story #67: Démon

I swore in church and so my babysitter washed my mouth out with soap. Organic, tea tree sandalwood soap, French milled vegetable soap the color and texture of satin. She didn't realize the soap would alter my vocabulary. After I'd choked back the silky suds, the first words I said were por quoi? Shut yer trap, she said. I tried but my lips bubbled. Voulez-vous dansez? Quit yer fooling, she whispered. She didn’t want to dance. Instead, she took me back to church to exorcise the demons, this time with good old-fashioned industrial strength Dial soap. Il n'a pas travaillé.

2 comments:

gteamhj said...

Who knew the soap was so powerful? xxx

miss J. said...

It was amazing to see how many words I could get out of that soap. Thank you!