Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

White noise



Monterey, sunset. Plovers tuck in the sea. That rare quality of light when everything on this side of the world seems a bit longer, a bit wilier, than usual. The waves sound like the best white noise in the world, either letting all those loose little chirps and whirs in one huge respiration, or exhaling countless unnecessary evils as one, continuous crash against the sand.

Sometimes I worry about things that are important. Sometimes (many times) I worry about things that are important right now. Often I worry about things that are already worth less than the energy spent worrying. And then, there are nights like these, when it's all I can do to think, I'm the luckiest motherfucker in the world.

5 comments:

RachelVB said...

ahhhh.
Brilliant. Beautiful. Man, I miss the sea.
xo

miss J. said...

So glad you enjoyed it! I am trying to become a better photographer.

And yes, the sea is amazing. I was spoiled in Santa Barbara. But Pennsylvania has its beauties too!

x

RachelVB said...

I think writing and photographing are very similar. They are both trying to capture things. I love them both.
Good luck! I think you will have fun. Photography is fun!
Pennsylvania does have its beauties. It is like any place, the good and the bad. I do with I was closer to the ocean, though. Feeling that peace is so incredible.

ryanalpers said...

Whose that in the photo?

miss J. said...

he's the reason I'm lucky.