Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fashionable?!



Last weekend I was stopped by a photographer as I was leaving the Bicycle Valet parking at the San Francisco Green Festival. These things generally don't happen to me. It was a hot day for mid-November, and I was attempting to bike in a miniskirt and pink Converse sneakers. And then this woman approached me.

"Do you mind if I take your photo?" she asked.

"What's it for?"

"Oh, I take pictures of fashionable women on bicycles for my blog."

I wasn't sure which part of this statement surprised me more--that she has a blog devoted to fashionable bicyclists, or that I somehow fit that description. I'm the kind of girl who tends to accidentally mismatch everything, usually because I'm more loyal to a favorite shirt than I am to an overall "outfit." My mother can attest to this--hers are the eyebrows that raise, hers is the voice that quivers when I leave the house. "You really want to wear that?"

I obliged her, and lo and behold, a week later, I stumble across her website.

I think I am an official San Franciscan now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to connect with you here on your blog…Yes, I’ll be busy looking around it!

(oh by the way…your photo without your bicycle helmet got lost somehow or I would have posted it too.)

I’d love to get another pic of you sometime. I like this photo, but I think you are way cuter & stylish than the way this photo came out.

Newish to SF? I never would have guessed.